Saturday 1 December 2018

Ha llegado el momento - MTC Week 6

Hola Familia y Amigos! 

Well, it's just about time for me to leave the MTC! I leave on December 4, at around 6am.  This email will probably be short because I'm supposed to pack today, my next email will be from Washington! 

The week has gone by so so fast. There were lots of "last" things this week. Last Pizza Friday, last volleyball game, last Language Assessment, last P-Day, last Tuesday devotional, etc. It's a bittersweet time for everyone in our district. We've all become so close and such good friends, it's like another family! We're all sad to leave, but mostly excited to start the real stuff! 

We're sitting in the Computer lab right now and our entire zone is writing our emails, we're just laughing and having a good time with all the stuff we've learned in Spanish. Our volleyball squad is splitting up now and they're saying it won't be the same without us! 

I got to see some of my friends from Middle/High School at the MTC this week. I knew Elder Ari Lacanienta would be coming this Tuesday so we looked for eachother at lunch and luckily I got to say hi! I'm super excited for him, he's gonna do great! It was a surprise to see my friend Elder Adam Lore from middle school at gym time! He's headed to Bolivia in ~4 weeks.

One of my favorite things from this week was memorizing 'The First Vision' in Spanish! I'll quote it for you right now (I promise I'm not cheating :)  )

Vi una columna de luz, mas brillante que el sol directamente arriba de mi cabeza. Y esta luz gradualmente descendió hasta descansar sobre mi. 

Al reposar sobre mi la luz, vi en el aire arriba de mi a dos personajes, cuyo fulgor y gloria no admitten descripccion. Uno de ellos me habló, llamándome por me nombre y dijo: Este es mi Hijo Amado. ¡Escuchalo!

Estoy agradecido por la opportudad estar en el CCM y por mi distrito y genial amigos! Yo se que La Iglesia de Jesucristo de Los Santos de los Últimos Días es verdadero, y cuando oramos, Dios contestará nuestras oraciones. Estoy agradecido por mi familia y amigos, y el amor ellos me dan. Ojalá, seré un misionero bueno. Tengo la fe en Cristo y su Expiacion. Yo se que la Expiacion puede ayudarnos con todas cosas en nuestra vida. 

Los amo a todo! 

Elder Thompson

Fotos: 
  1. There are full-wall murals on every floor in the new classroom buildings. This one is of Moses crossing the Red Sea
  2. Our precious District
  3. The Classy Elders



Well family, I hope everyone is home safe and sound from Cali at this point! I was glad to hear about all the fun times, sounds like a memorable vacation. I'm jealous of the warm weather you had! It was raining/snowing a lot these last few weeks in Provo. 

I have a fun surprise for everyone! I bought a "call card" so I'll be able to call you guys and talk for a bit when I'm at the airport. I'm there for like 4-5 hours so If possible be ready for a call around 7-8am or so. I guess most of you will have school but I'll try to catch you when I can. Let me know if there's a specific plan/time you want to shoot for. 

There should be a special surprise in the mail for Ruby and Mom sometime soon! 

I've got to go pack/ clean our room so email me if you wanna talk about anything specific. 

Love you all! 

Elder Thompson 

No comments:

Post a Comment