Monday 24 December 2018

Feliz Navidad! Mission Week 9


The time has just about arrived! I hope everyone has had a great week leading up to Christmas Eve and Christmas! Hopefully you all had great Sacrament meetings yesterday with great songs and scriptures of Christ. 

 We spent a lot of time this week inviting people to our Christmas service yesterday and giving Christmas messages to members! Lots of people have family over so sometimes it was very efficient to give a message at a house. One family, the Hawkins, have 8 of their kids over for Christmas and they had 1 other family from the ward with them for a dinner. We happened to stop by so we gave a Christmas message to 9 families at once! Talk about efficient. 

I went on exchanges this week with the Zone Leaders since my companion is District leader. Elder Hall and I had a swell time attempting to find people that were home. Basin City was like a ghost town that day, we didn't see a soul for like 5 hours. Not even a car!

We had our special Christmas zone conference which was so much fun! I totally forgot to take pictures! There was a talent show first which was pretty great. There were some interesting zone talents we saw! One zone sang "In our Lovely Deseret" while inhaling helium every 2 lines. It was honestly really funny to watch, I was dying. Our zone sang "Follow the Prophet" with some funny verses about old testament prophets we wrote. We also did a skit of the story of Jacob and Esau and the Birthright, with some last minute adjustments that made it chaos. It was pretty funny and I was narrating so it was super hard for me to not just laugh the whole time. 

After that the Relief society in the Pasco Stake fed us some really good potatoes with gravy and stuff. We actually had fruit and cooked veggies, it was really good. I'm still trying to figure out this whole "eat healthy on $25 a week" thing :) 

We had a short Christmas program after that and we talked about the Book of Mormon and heard some great testimony's from soon-to-be departing missionaries. Overall, a great day!

I hope everyone has a fantastic Christmas! Spend time with family and remember what Christmas is all about! Also remember that Christmas can be hard time for people who are alone or have bad memories of this time of year. Be friends to those who need it! 

Love you all have a great Christmas! 

- Elder Thompson

Fotos: 

I had one, but I forgot to get it from Elder Hall. I'm setting a goal this week to take 3 pictures with me in it! (So they count) Thanks Marilee :) 

I'll also repent that I don't have pics. 



No comments:

Post a Comment