Monday 9 March 2020

Trasfers again... - Mission Week 72


Transfer weeeeeeek

Well... I'm pretty bummed not gonna lie. I was hoping to stay in Prosser & I honestly thought I would, based on what Pres. & Sister Rasmussen said to me at interviews...but I'm getting moved again. I'm going to the Kennewick Stake as a Zone Leader....and as an English missionary.  Yeah I was pretty sad when I realized this would probably be my last spanish area in my mission haha. It's ok though, I've accepted my fate (and I'm trying to have a really good attitude about it). I'll be living with the APs which will be pretty fun since I used to live with one of them. Also E. Cogswell (a past companion of mine) is coming to Prosser in my place! E. McBride is gonna love him!

Anyways, for this week we had a good time. We found a new person to teach yesterday which was awesome, she's pretty cool. She seemed excited about us wanting to teach the rest of her family how to have a closer relationship with God. 

We had a good last district council where we talked about how to help our people keep commitments so we did some roleplays of extending a baptismal invitation.Then we celebrated for a great transfer by playing Gospel pictionary and it was super fun haha. A lof of the words were really hard "Deep doctrine" stuff so we were all so frustrated. 

We also had some fun service burning tumbleweeds at a members house. We caught a vole too it was pretty gross. Its just like a weird mouse thing. They fed us a burrito that was like 2 ft long and you slice it into pieces to be able to eat it. 

The Grandview Elders had some baptisms this week too so I got to do 3 more interviews for Sebastian, Santos, and Jose! They were honestly super ready and already have been sharing their testimonies in church. They were so excited to get baptized they decided to do it as soon as possible even though Jose's wife is in Mexico right now! The baptism on saturday was super good, there were quite a few investigators that came as well. On sunday I got to confirm Sebastian in sacrament meeting and that was a super good experience. They're the best! 

On sunday we had our last dinner with the Winder family & we celebrated E. McBride's birthday! Sis. Winder made us E. McBride's mom's lasagna and it was super tasty. They are some of the most awesome members I've ever met! They minisister to so many people in their ward (and out of it) in super natural ways and have helped a handful of recent converts make it to the temple and start preparing for missions. I will miss them a lot!

We also said goodbye to Serafin. He's a super good member friend of ours I'm gonna miss him loads. He saved our bacon so many times when we needed a member for a lesson, he's always ready and willing to come with us. He deals with a ton of rough stuff in his life too but he has a great testimony of the gospel that just keeps getting stronger! 

Anyways, I'll say goodbye to a few more people tomorrow and get pictures with them but I'll include what I have so far. I'm honestly gonna miss this place so much. Wish me luck on this new adventure of learing how to talk to rich white people haha

Los quiero, que tengan una semana genial! 

- Elder Thompson 

Fotos: 

1. A frog we caught 
2. Service pic 
3. Me holding the vole 
4. Service pic
5. Selfie with the Winders & Wesley 
6. Dope poses with the winders
7. RIP Elder DelBarrio 
8. Final District Picture 





 


No comments:

Post a Comment