Monday 2 March 2020

Service & Bautismo - Mission Week 71


Buenoooos Diaaas que tal? 

This week was jam packed with a lot of stuff. We had a ton of service opportunities this week. We started off by helping a member finish a house they are working on remodeling. Lots of cleaning, sweeping, window washing, etc. It was pretty fun it reminded me of all the years of remodels and projects my family did growing up. 

We also did a bunch of yard work for the Winders. The winders are some awesome members, they feed us every week so we spent some time cleaning up their leaves and clearing out some dirt. 

Also this week the Grandview Hnas had a baptism! Since I'm the District Leader, I got to do her interview. It went super well, she was so excited to get Baptized. At the end she asked me if I would baptize her! Of course I say yes and so on Saturday I had the chance to baptize Itzayana. Then she asked E. McBride to confirm her on sunday and he did a good job (it was in spanish too so he was kinda nervous). Anyways it was just a really awesome experience!

On the day of the baptism we were actually on exchanges and had a good time. The Winders took us out to eat since E. Springer used to serve in prosser like 18 months ago and they wanted to catch up with him since he usually isn't in the area. Pics included of the massive burger I ate :) 

This week I studied in 2 nephi 9 and I especially loved all the detail about the resurrection and how important Jesus Christ is in the Plan of Salvation. It helped me appreciate his title of "Savior" a little bit more! 

Les quiero, que tengan una semana buena!

- Elder Thompson 

Fotos: 

1. Itzayana's baptism
2. Chivo 
3. Chivo x2
4. Car shenanigans 
5. Road trip to Kennewick 
6. Massive burger









No comments:

Post a Comment