Monday 25 May 2020

Cumpleaños - Mission Week 83


Hola Hola

This week was super awesome :) I'll start with the Birthday highlights!

Saturday morning we went to go do some yard work and also to help someone move. As we went out to the car, we saw that someone had put a bunch of streamers and stickynotes alllll over it. The inside had a ton of balloons as well! It was pretty cool, the sisters in my district were the ones that did it but they enlisted the help of the Elders to distract me and to grab the keys. 

During the move they had a couch with a hide-away bed thing that folds out and as 2 members were pushing it out of a room the bed sprung out and absolutely destroyed my toes haha. It's all swollen and it hurts a bunch now but definitely not broken. That was the worst part of the day haha.

Later E Skinner took me out to lunch at Zips a super good burger place then I went to talk to my parents on the phone for a bit and that was great! Normally we can't call home on our birthdays but because of the corona we are allowed to once during the week. Then, we got some sushi and headed back to the apartment. When we got back I started to eat and then the rest of the zone started singing happy birthday! They were all hiding in our backyard waiting :) it was super fun they gave me a few funny little presents.

Overall it was a super awesome birthday, I'm grateful for the missionaries I get to serve around and that they wanted to make my day special. 

We had a mission conference this week with Elder Whiting from the 70 and it was way awesome. He talked about how we need to use this time of isolation to deepen our conversion and develop Christ like attributes. He explained a method of studying the Book of Mormon where you only focus on one Christ like attribute and you study on a copy you have never marked before. The cool thing was about a week ago I started doing that exact thing! 

For the rest of the week
- we did a ton of video calls
- a district council about how to slay dragons
- the Williams bought us groceries!!!
- Sis Langford's birthday was the 22nd so there was another party
- we did service for a lady named Julie and she was super nice. She needs prayers though she is going through a really tough time.

Anyways that's it! God lives! He is good! He loves you so much! 

- Elder Thompson

Pics are from my B day 







No comments:

Post a Comment