Monday 9 December 2019

Videos - Mission Week 59


Buenas noches, I promise I'm not being apostate, we helped our mission president out with something for like an hour and a half today and he said I have to communicate with home so here I am :) 

This week was a blur. We have been preparing for zone conference. I'm not sure if I mentioned this already but we got asked to MC for our Christmas Zone Conference. Sooooo basically we are in charge of organizing the whole thing. It's been a little stressful too cuz this is like the ONE 'fun' thing we do as a whole mission all year so people have some high expectations. We decided to do an entrance video and it turned out super good. It took us sooooo many nights in the study room just thinking of ideas till we landed on one we liked. We also spent a lot of the week collecting the different talents and things that will be happening in the zone conference. It looks like a decent lineup, we have a lot of singing, a few skits, and then a few other random acts. I'll letcha know how it turns out. 

We FINALLY had another lesson with Tom and Grace and Valentina. It was pretty good overall, we talked about commandments. We found out that the Velez (the family they live with) got called to serve a mission in McAllen Texas and they leave in February. We also found out that they are going to go their old English ward until then soooo we have to pass them off to the English Elders. It's kinda sad but I think it will be better in the long run since Tom & Valentina don't really speak Spanish so they can get some better fellowship in that ward. 

We tried by our golden fam this week but they didn't answer the door. Holidays are busy times :/ 

I don't think I've talked about "The Christ Child" yet..... And I'm not sure why cuz it's pretty much just the best thing ever!! If you haven't seen it yet go to www.lighttheworld.org right the heck now and watch it. It's a 18 minute video of the nativity but it's accurate to the Scriptures and to history! I've seen it literally 50 times at this point and every time I have new thoughts and feelings about it (I even cried once :) ). We've had an awesome opportunity to visit a bunch of members and show them this video and It has been AWESOME. They all love it. Honestly I'll probably watch this video every year for Christmas till I die. 

We went to the temple this week and that was awesome as well. They did a cool remodel on the inside in some parts so that was cool to see. Afterwards we went to the distribution center and I got this cool Book of Mormon that is organized and edited like a play so it says Who is speaking, where they are saying it, and what time. It doesn't add or subtract anything from the Original words so it's just a different way to study it. Pretty excited to use it with Come follow me 2020. 

Today for P-Day we did a white elephant gift exchange and it turned out super good. Highlight gifts: Haunted clown doll, a potato and Dijon mustard, coffee maker, and a dove decoy. Then we played some mafia and I got picked to be mafia which never happens so I got wrecked. My partner in crime and I 

Anyways that's how things are going!

Los quiero

- Elder Thompson 




No comments:

Post a Comment