Monday 16 December 2019

Estoy Embarazado - Mission Week 60


Hey ya'll que tal

Sooooo to start with the good stuff... It's Transfer week! I am getting transferred to Prosser as a District Leader, Trainer, and still a tech missionary haha. I was expecting to get released as a tech but since we had a few people go home early this Transfer they weren't able to keep the area open and had to combine it with another. Basically elder Jones and I will just be "on-call" to fix people's phone problems in our own areas. It's suuuuper weird. Elder Jones is going to a walking area in Pasco (it's my old area which is cool) as a trio. Anyways I'm suuuuper excited for this next transfer its gonna be sweet. I'm gonna have a son!! 

This week we had zone conference which went pretty well! The only sad thing that happened was due to some miscommunication one of the zones from our conference had to go to a different one so our talent show was smaller. Everyone loved our video, though, and we still had some solid talents. I'm just glad it's over I'm not a huge performer haha but it was fun 

This was Elder Escandon's last week as a missionary and it's super weird since I've served around him for like more than half my mission now.  Because of that we've been pretty busy packing, cleaning, and visiting members and people we are teaching since we are leaving the area as well. *Live update* we just dropped E. Escandon off at the mission home. Super sad haha I'm not looking forward to doing that lol. I got to see Elder Ward tho and say bye so that was lit. 

We had our branch Christmas party and it turned out well! They decorated a lot and it almost looked like a wedding or sometjing haha. There was a little program of the nativity and we had Mexican and Peruvian food. Suuuuper tasty. They called up all the missionaries at the end to give us a Christmas gift which was super nice of them. I honestly love Kennewick a ton I'm pretty sad to be leaving. 

We had one final lesson with Tom & Grace which was good but a little frustrating... I won't go into it but basically Tom is just a very intelectual person haha. Apparently he stopped reading the BoM because he found some 'critical flaws but it's still overall a good book'. Anyway it was super sad to say bye to them and Valentina and I hope that some day he will open his heart and read the Book. 

We had one last dinner at Hna Valdivia house and it was super sad. She loves E. Jones and I so much she was bawling. Honestly, she does so much service for so many people not including the missionaries and is a real example of Christlike service. I'm going to miss her a ton but I'm also kinda glad to leave her because now it will be possible for me to lose weight haha she feeds us so much delicious food :) 

There were so many awesome spiritual experiences in Kennewick, honestly some of these days have just been filled with miracles and spiritual experiences I'm super bummed to leave but super excited for the future. I was able to see a lot of the missionaries in my future district today and everyone is pumped to work super hard! 

Anyways that's all I can think of haha we are kinda rushing so hopefully I didn't miss anything important. 

Los quiero 

- Elder Thompson 

Fotos: 
- RIP Elder Ward
- RIP Elder Escandon
- RIP Kennewick SP District & Hna Valdivia 
- RIP Tom & Grace & Valentina









No comments:

Post a Comment