Wednesday 29 May 2019

Emergency Transfer..? - Mission Week 31

Buenos días hermanos y hermanas... como estanques? So some stuff has happened since last P-day...

Monday night after Pday was over we were all getting settled down. People who were getting transfered were packing and I was just chilling. Then we get a call from President and he asked to talk with me. I stepped outside and we had a mini interview thing and he asked me to serve as a technology assistant. I told him I would and he said that meant that I would be transferred to Pasco the coming Wednesday. 

It was pretty crazy because no one in the mission knew, since it was after transfers and no one expected me to be called since I'm so 'young' in the mission. It was crazy for me too because the whole day I was expecting to be in Hermiston for another 6 weeks! So.... yah I'm in Pasco now! My companion is Elder Ward and we cover the most southern part of the city, right up to the river. 

Sooo technology assistant or 'Tech Elder' is a leadership assignment like District Leader or Zone Leader or AP. We are kind of like assistants in the sense that we can go anywhere in the mission and we don't really have a mile limit on our car. We are presidents eyes and ears when it comes to cell phones in the mission. Since we all have smart phones we are in charge of making sure everyone's stuff is working and that they are being obedient with them. It's kinda a weird calling because we do a little bit of everything. Anyone in the mission calls us if they have questions about technology, including office missionaries and President. Funny story I actually had this assignment in the MTC but we didn't have anything to... do in the MTC... not even the branch president there knew what we were supposed to do. We have lots of responsibilities here though. Oh I also get my own Sim card which is cool. 

As you can imagine with this surprise calling and Emergency transfer my week was pretty crazy haha. 

First of all my Pday got moved to today because we went to the temple which was really good. President White showed up and that was a fun surprise so we go to go through the temple with him before he leaves at the end of the month. 

Back to last week tho... On Monday we said bye to the Fish-Mix family (some of E. Cogswells converts). Tuesday we had a bunch of lessons and said bye to a bunch of the people we were teaching. I got a lot of pics from this so I'll send those. We had one last English class to teach and afterwards we played soccer with everyone. It was suuuuper fun, I will miss all of them for sure. Then the rest of that day was just packing and cleaning. 

Wednesday was actual transfers but since mine was kinda a last minute thing they came down to pick me up later in the day. The last Tech Elder took my spot in Hermiston with Elder Webb and so me and Elder Ward headed back up to Tri-Cities. The new missionaries were arriving and Tech Elders have a presentation for all new missionaries so I was stuck right into the job! We did that and people said I did a good job so that's nice.

Thursday we spent most of the day fixing transfer stuff in the Church's system. We get to call whoever we need to in the mission so it was mostly just making a bunch of phone calls. We went out later that night and met a couple of the people we are teaching and we have some awesome people working towards baptism right now. Oh yeah it was my birthday too haha. I almost forgot we didn't have time to even eat until like 9:00. My family sent me an awesome package with a new tie that I love. I'm wearing it in the temple pictures I'll send :) Thanks fam. 

Friday we spent most of the day working on a new system we are building to speed up how missionaries report their numbers for the week. Saturday was a full, tiring day of missionary work. We helped a member move, his name is Jose and he is from Uruguay so it was fun to talk to someone who wasn't from Mexico or Guatemala. I love his accent, it's super awesome. He bought us tacos for lunch and the legends are true about Pasco's tacos.... soooo good. 

Pasco is the only place in the mission right now that has a full ward just for Spanish speakers! It's crazy cuz there are currently 12 missionaries in this one ward. They seem to be pretty excited about missionary work. Sunday was good overall even though we only got one person to come. 

Monday I forgot what we did... but Yesterday was a craaazy day. One of the main things we do in this assignment is drive around the mission and randomly show up at meetings and 'audit' peoples phones. We just go through all the apps to make sure nothing bad is going on. We'll yesterday we made the trip to Walla Walla. It's really pretty over there, a little bit more green than in Tri Cities. We did the audits for about 18 missionaries and then afterwards we call President White and report what we found and if anybody needs to be corrected. On our way back tho we were on the highway in the middle of nowhere and our tire popped! We got the spare on, no problems, then had to drive the last 25 or so miles on a spare. Fun stuff. That was pretty much our afternoon cuz we had to sit at the Les Schwab for a few hours since we weren't close to our area and we hadn't eaten all day. 

Finally after we got a new tire (the other one got wrecked so they couldn't fix the other one) we had to rush home and get ready for a wedding. The Hermanas had some people who were getting married so they could get baptized and they wanted all the Missionaries to come. That was really cool go be at. 

Anyways... super long email. I'm still all out of wack since I was expecting to stay in Herm Town, but here were are haha. Maybe I will probably be here for a while since we get our new mission president and I still have a lot of my mission left so wish me luck! 

Los Amamos, 
Elder Thompson 

Fotos:
1. La familia Martinez 
2. Pasco 5th Missionaries 
3. La boda (wedding) 
4. Flat Tire fun 
5. More Flat tire fun 
6. The Fix-Mix Family 
7. Our friend Leanna 
8. Birthday cake the Elders made for me in Hermiston :) 
9. Ruby and the Tri-Pan 
10. Elder Ward and I post-temple (super sunny day) 
11. Sister Geronimo 
12. Apartment C6 Squad 
13. Hermiston SP2 Tri-Pan. És. Thompson, Webb, and Cogswell 















No comments:

Post a Comment