Tuesday 9 April 2019

Lentisimo (Also transfers upcoming) - Mission Week 24


"Time is running out." 

- Gods Current Prophet on the Earth President Nelson 

Holy frijole It's a good thing conference was good. We had a really slow week. 

If you would have told me 2 years ago that I would be wanted to talk to more people in a week I would call you crazy. This week, Basin City was dead. It was spring break so all the English people were gone and it's warm here now so all the farmers are playing catch-up from the bad weather we had earlier. This means that all the Spanish people are working longer hours in the fields. Suuuper frustrating. 

As a cherry-on-top we had a Branch Activity that we planned that literally n o   o n e   c a m e    t o. Ok rant is over haha. Without the downs, the up's wouldn't seem nearly as good I guess :) 

General Conference was super awesome. I hope everyone's minds are sufficiently blown from the Prophet telling us that "Time is running out." All the talks were super good, my companion has a pretty good idea of taking all the invitations from General Conference and making a list of them so we remember what our leaders have counseled us to do. 

Of course there were all sorts of rumors as usual haha. There been a little thing going on called "Mish Twit' Or "Mission Twitter" were a bunch of missionaries are just posting comments on this app like it's twitter and everyone was predicting a time change for missionaries. I think no changes or adjustments came during conference because they are trying to set an example for Bishops and other leaders around the world. 

Elder Holland's talk was super awesome (as usual). I think it would be appropriate to assume that anything that could be announced during general conference that would distract from the spirit we feel, should be announced outside of conference, just like we should do in our wards. 

Well we just got our transfer call and looks like I'm headed to...... *drum roll* 

Hermiston, Oregon! I'll be serving with Elder Cogswell who is actually my 'brother' in missionary relationships. (We were trained by the same person)



I'm pretty pumped! Hermiston is SUPER big compared to Basin City. It will be completely different, but change is good. 

I realized the other day that I forgot to send a pic a couple weeks ago so I'll include it now. 

Love ya'll! 

- Elder Thompson
Washington Kennewick Mission
8202 W. Quinault Ave, Ste D
Kennewick, WA 99336

Fotos: 
  1. Super fuzzy pic of our district at that pizza place. From left to right: Me, E. Escandon, E. Harmon, Hna. McDermott, Hna. Davidson, E. Norman, E. Farmer (behind the head of..), E. Wood. 


No comments:

Post a Comment