Tuesday 29 September 2020

Ya casi - Mission Weeks 100 & 101

 

Hola yep it's me. Don't worry you only have to endure maybe 2 more of these...se está acabando el tiempo.

Well from last week, it started out interesting when we were headed to a lesson with this guy named Juve. He had been to comeuntochrist.org and requested a Book from us so we're going to meet up with him and have a lesson. On our way, we were in a right turn lane just chillin and suddenly this lady tries to change lanes and bumps us on the left side of our car. So we pull over and do the whole thing...you know. Everybody was totally fine, it just took forever and we missed our lesson.

A few days later we have rescheduled with Juve and we are pumped to meet with him but he didn't show up! The next day we got a text from him and he said thay HE was in a car accident (a lot worse than ours) so that's why he didn't show up. Hes doing ok his arm is just really bruised up. We were able to meet with him a few days later and hes super cool!

One of my roommates, Elder Schiess went home this past week. Since he's a Marshallese missionary he went home in the middle of the transfer, which is kinda weird for me cuz we did a lot of the "Going home" stuff already and I just get to do it again this week. We went out to a really nice restaurant here called Proof and dang was it good. It was sad to see him go! He was really fun to live with. I played the Uke for a goodbye song he wrote in Marshallese for all of the members here.

With E Schiess gone, we got 2 new Marshallese trainees in the apartment. Elder Wood is from Farmingon and E Shackleford is from Tennesee. They've been chill so far, I'll only live with em for one more week so I wont get to know them super well.

We got to go to Hermiston this week for a Baptism! Elder Pan taught this girl down there so it was a way cool opportunity to go visit and see it. She seemed super awesome and is about to move away to school in Oregon. 

This week we also got pictures as a district (well most of the district haha. One companionship was waiting on some corona results and had to stay inside). We also did a free carwash for the community! Lots of fun stuff haha never a dull moment. 

Of course I've got mixed feelings about coming home next week. I'm half excited, half sad. I've learned so much being here & I love being able to speak spanish and meet people, so I'll miss those things a lot. I know I can continue to learn and grow while I'm home tho so it will be ok :) 

I'm not sure if I will send an email next week, kinda depends on how busy I am but if not I'm sure I'll be seeing/hearing from many of you soon! I get back to Utah on Tuesday the 6th. 

Les quiero 

- Elder Thompson 

Fotografías

1. Pensando en Jesus

2. RIP E Schiess

3. Carwash

4. Proof Burger 

5. El compañerismo 







No comments:

Post a Comment