Monday 20 January 2020

ACTUALLY week 64


I totally forgot to send this last week so this is from last week and the one I sent earlier is from this week (week 65). Thanks mom for noticing haha! 

Bienvenidos a esta carta! Me pregunto cuantas personas todavía leen mis correos ya que soy viejo en la misión jaja. 

This week we had tons of meetings & stuff so we weren't able to get out and work as much. It kinda stinks when that happens but ni modo. 

We started the week off with Doctrine of Christ which is a meeting for all the new trainees. Now that they've all had 3 weeks of work we give them access to Facebook and they recieve some additional training. It was good! There were like 50 missionaries there so it felt like a Zone Conference. E Jones & gave our presentation and afterwards I realized that that was my 5th time going to that meeting. Normally people only go once, unless they train.

We also had district council which went well. We talked about some things that President Rasmussen has noticed is keeping us from achieving the vision for the mission. Overall it went well and I think we talked about some good things that will keep us going even when it seems like few things are working out. 

The next day we had interview with President and Sister Rasmussen! They were amazing as always. They are some of the most loving people I have ever met. You just feel it oozing out of them that they love their missionaries more than anything. 

In our area we had a really hard time this week having lessons with people. It seemed like everyone we are teaching just dissapeared. Saturday, we had an exchange with the Zone leaders so I went to Grandview for a day. It was actually really good. E Del Barrio and I talked about some good stuff to help the people in our zone be better missionaries. We also had a few lessons and I felt really powerful when I was teaching! I don't know what it was but I can remember a specific lesson where I could feel the power and truthfulness of what I was saying very strongly. 

Something I've been thinking about this week is the gift of repentance. Something I've realized about sin is that it is somply an opportunity to come closer to God and to better understand the Atonement. I read this scripture in Alma 34: 

Yea, I would that ye would come forth and harden not your hearts any longer; for behold, now is the time and the day of your salvation; and therefore, if ye will repent and harden not your hearts, immediately shall the great plan of redemption be brought about unto you.

What I learned from this scripture is that we shouldn't feel like we need to wait to recieve help from God or that there is a time limit on the Atonement. Like it says in the scripture if we don't harden our hearts (If we are humble) and we repent, Immediately will the plan of redemption come down upon us. The Plan of redemption is made possible by the Atonement because it is Jesus Christ who redeems us from our sins. I hope everyone takes some time each day to evaluate your lives and see where you can improve & repent for things you may have done wrong :) 

De todos modos, les quiero! Que les vaya muy bien y que tengan una buena semana!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment