Wednesday 24 October 2018

Officially a Missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints


Elder Thompson was set apart as an Elder in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints the evening of Tuesday, October 23, 2018, by his Stake President, President Marty Stephens of the South Jordan Utah River Stake. He reported to the Missionary Training Center at 1:15 pm on Wednesday, October 24, 2018.

We checked out the kids from school and went to lunch as a family, minus dad, to Chayse's favorite burger place (JCW's) on the way down. Dad and Chayse got to spend the whole day together on Tuesday. They finished the last of his shopping needs, went to lunch and also did a temple session together at the Draper Temple. We took some family pictures after the temple, had dinner and then Grandma Henke was able to join us at the stake offices for his setting apart. The MTC drop off was literally drop and go. We pulled up, gave hugs and good-byes, snapped one quick picture and he was off!



We were surprised to receive this email that evening and hear from him so soon:

I made it to the MTC! They took me right up to my room (all the way on the fourth floor) and then I made it straight to Spanish Class. I feel like I instantly forgot everything I practiced. Anyway, just wanted to let you know I made it. My P-Day is on Saturday so be watching for emails then. 

Love you!
Elder Thompson

No comments:

Post a Comment